Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May Maddness

Lately I have been so bad about deep conditioning my hair. Ideally, I deep condition my hair every week on wash day. Recently with school, work, and life I just really have not had the time or energy. I have been washing my hair in a mad frenzy and just doing enough to get by from week to week. I have definitely noticed a difference in the look and feel of my hair as a result of my negligence. Last week I decided that I needed to make time to take care of my hair, especially if I want to continue to retain length. I came up with a few time efficient ways to care for your hair when life gets in the way.

1. Deep condition overnight wearing a shower cap and satin bonnet or all day under a fashionable hat.
Last week I took the time to wash my hair before bed and then deep conditioned overnight under my satin bonnet. When I rinsed my hair in the morning it felt amazingly soft. I also noticed my hair had a natural shine throughout the week. If I was able to wear a hat to work or school I would deep condition during the day with a cute hat.

2. Wash your hair in sections and keep it detangled throughout the whole process.
I found that when I make an effort to wash my hair in small sections and not just one big tangled mess styling is much easier. For this reason I find it a little easier to wash my hair in the shower as opposed to the sink.

3. Style your hair the night before and secure it with a scarf.
There have been many mornings that I have had to be up as early as 430am. To cut down on the number of things I have to do in the morning I do my hair the night before (usually a puff, bun, or twisted style) and then secure it with my scarf and then in the morning that's one less thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment