Monday, February 14, 2011

Twist Out Style Pictorial

This is a pictorial of how I do my twist out. I tried to make a video but I didnt have much luck, so I decided to show each step through pictures since it's a fairly simple process.
Hope you enjoy!

Products used: Spray bottle of just plain water, Knot Today mixture as developed by Kimmaytube *check out her youtube channel* (aloe vera juice, olive oil, and Knot Today), hair clips, Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch, and avacado oil
***This was my first time using the Garnier. I usually dont use any kind of gel at all for twist outs, but I heard from a youtuber that its good for hold so I figured I would try it to see if it will make my twist out last longer. I will have to let you know how it works through the week. So far I like the product, but I prefer my twist outs to be soft so I dont plan on using it again.
To maintain this style I will retwist every night. Usually I do the twists larger and larger as the week goes on and I get more volume and elongation.

5 comments:

  1. What are your measurements for the kimmaytube mix? I've used her mix, but my results were not good. How often do you wear twist outs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I dont measure but I do like 3x as much Knot Today and then just add in oil and a little bit of the aloe vera juice...so its mostly Knot Today

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber you should try coconut oil with your twists too. It absorbs into the hair shaft nicely and give longer lasting shine and moisture.

    ReplyDelete