Friday, February 25, 2011

Protective Syling

As part of my challenge to grow my hair BSL by the end of the year I am really trying to wear protective styles more often than loose styles. By loose styles I mean wearing my hair down. Now that I have enough to make a bun that is my offical go-to style. It's easy, sleek, and quick especially on lazy days. For this upcoming week I washed my hair and left a small bang out in the front and then have the rest of my hair in a high bun. Some may think that its not a true protective style because of the bang out but a majority of my hair is up and thats good enough for me. The point of protective styles is to be low manipulation and this style is just that.
A style like this can get quite boring after a day or so so I plan to jazz it up with earrings, headbands and any other accessory I can find.

ALSO, big news! My 2 year Nappaversary is approaching on March 9th so I will be posting a length check very soon.

My bun:)

1 comment:

  1. The point of a protective style is also to keep your ends covered. So the parts of hair that rub on your clothes are not as frazzled. Your high bun keeps your hair away from your neck so that's good. As for the bangs, I see it's a twist out so that's good too.

    ReplyDelete